Help Frequently Asked Questions Contact
Help for using the MTBB Web Site
Registering as a User for Online Ordering
To order online, a school, customer etc must first register. There are 5 choices for registering as a MTBB customer ie registering as a New User. Once a user has registered and been approved by MTBB, the user may order online. You may register as one of the following:
- A division/district within ManitobaIn order for a school in a division/district within Manitoba to order online, their division/district must also have completed the registration process, on the assumption that the division/district must approve all orders.
- A public school within ManitobaPublic schools in Manitoba may register their school, but in order to ensure online orders are processed, they must have their division/district register (ie complete the registration process). Once their division/district has registered, any orders generated by the school would then be automatically forwarded to their division/district for approval. Once the division/district approves the order, they would then approve the order which would then be sent to MTBB for processing.
- A private, federal or band-operated school or an adult learning centreSchools in one of these categories or adult learning centres may register for online ordering and once authorization is approved by MTBB (usually within 24 hours) may submit online orders for immediate processing.
- An Other Educational InstitutionAn educational institution eg university, community college, private training centre etc may register and request authorization for online ordering. Approval/rejection is usually within 24 hours.
- OtherIndividuals, such as teachers, parents etc. may request authorization for online ordering. Approval will be granted upon receipt of a Visa or MasterCard number and expiry date.
Finding (searching) products
- In the Basic Search, you may select 1 subject; multiple subjects (to do this hold the Ctrl key down and click on each subject); all subjects (click in the box)
- Next choose the Grade Range
- Finally (if desired) enter keyword(s) to search. Note that the keyword search checks the title, author, publisher, series title, and the catalogue group title.
In addition to the Basic Search criteria described above, users can also select from the following criteria:
Search by Keywords
- The date on which items have been added
- The media type, ie. print, multimedia, or both
- The multimedia format, e.g. 3.5" diskette, CD, videocassette, etc.
- The multimedia platform, e.g. Windows, Macintosh, etc.
- To view only items recommended by the WNCP (Western and Northern Canadian Protocol)
- To view only items recommended by Manitoba's review process
- The type of resource, ie. student, teacher, or both student and teacher
- When searching by keywords, the search engine will find all items containing any one of the words you enter in the keywords box. As of October 2002, you have the option of later "filtering" the search results by one of the specific words you entered, or by the entire phrase you entered. This allows the search engine to operate much more quickly than it has in the past.
- To order online you MUST first register (see "Registering as a User for Online Ordering").
- Login to the MTBB web site.
Note: You will have to create a user profile on your first visit to the site. After that, you need only enter your user ID and password to login. You may edit your user profile at any time.
- Search for the desired item(s) using the search form. (See the Note below regarding items for which you know the stock numbers.) Note: for any items you enter quantities for on a given page (produced by the search), you must "Add to Cart", prior to viewing subsequent pages. You can always change the quantities or delete the item by clicking on "Shopping Cart".
- Enter the quantity you wish to order for each item and click "Add to Cart". Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have found all the items for your order.
- Click "Proceed to Checkout".
- Enter the order details eg, purchase order number, shipping method, etc. and click "Submit Order". Note that up to this point no items have actually been ordered. It is only when you "Submit Order" that the order is actually submitted for fulfillment (to your Division/District if you are a public school). Note, that even after you submit your order, you may still change it (ie change quantities and add items) as long as it has hasn't been "approved" (by division/district if required) or "received" by MTBB.
Note: If you already know some or all of the stock numbers of the items you wish to order, you can simply enter the numbers in the stock number box on the left side of the page, and press the enter key on your keyboard or click the "Add to Cart" button after each stock number. You can then adjust the quantities for each item in your shopping cart and update the quantities before submitting your order as described above.
Ordering products by catalogue number
This is the quickest means of adding items to your "shopping cart". Simply enter the catalogue number and press the <enter> key; repeating this process until finished (note all quantities default to 1). Then view your "Shopping Cart" and change any quantities, then click "Update Quantities".
Items may be added to your Shopping Cart by:
You can continue adding items via the above process until your order is complete. Note that you may change any quantities in your shopping cart, and then click the "Update Quantities" button to affect the changes. You may also delete any items from your shopping cart by clicking the X to the left of the item. Note that your "cart" will stay active (ie keep your items) for 7 days even if you logout and return a day or 2 later.
- Entering the catalogue number (as described above)
- Searching for items, entering the quantities via the "Search Results", then clicking on the "Add to Cart" button
Submitting your Order
Once you have completed your order, in the "Shopping Cart" view, click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button. Your order is displayed and you are requested to complete the order details, as follows.
Then select the method of submitting your order, ie. fax and print the order, OR submit the order online. Finally, click the "Submit Order" button.
- Use Funds from: Learning Resources Grant OR Non-Grant Account OR specify (in comments box) how the order is to be paid. For customers other than schools or divisions/districts, you may enter your credit card information.
- Purchase Order Number: for schools, if left blank, this can still be entered by your division/district.
- Ship Via: (optional).
- Comments: (optional).
Tracking / Changing your Order
- Once you have submitted your order you can login at any time to check the status of your order. An order's status may change from awaiting division/district approval, to "approved" by your division/district (if applicable), to "received" by MTBB. MTBB will check for and process all new orders after 12 Noon each business day.
- When your order's status has changed, the date the order was approved by the division/district (if applicable), or the date the order was received by MTBB, will be displayed when you click on "My Orders"
Manitoba Learning Resource Centre